I’m noticing this colour a lot on many of the Instagram accounts of forty and fiftysomething fashion and style bloggers at the moment.
Somewhere between a poolside red and a hot coral – the glossier the better – it really pops against bronzed skin and looks grown-up-classic, but fresh and modern, too.
This is a colour to take you everywhere, all summer long. It’ll work with everything, from distressed jeans and Birkenstocks to dresses and heels.
So, here are some shiny reds with an orange undertone going on which makes them ‘pop’ in the exactly the right way:
1. Bourjois La Lacque Nail Varnish (£6.49) in Are You Reddy?
2. Chanel Nail Colour (£18) in 717 Coquelicot.
Part of the summer, and quite the sizzler. Would make a gorgeous gift for a girlfriend, too!
3. Nails Inc Nail Kale (£14) in Hampstead Grove.
Rich, glossy colour, enriched with the Superfood of the moment to feed your nails!
4. Jessica Custom Nail Colour (£10.50) in Confident Coral.
Buy the polish, or treat yourself to a Jessica Geleration professional gel pedi and feel all set for summer. Or do both, so you can do touch-ups (my sneaky way to make a gel or Shellac mani last a little longer!).
5. Essie Nail Colour (£7.99) in Coral Canyon (pictured) or Fifth Avenue.
LOVE an Essie polish: easy to apply and oh, the colours! Both of these creamy, orange-reds are fab, and Fifth Avenue is available in Boots and online.
6. Estée Lauder Pure Color Nail Lacquer (£14) in Envious.
Reliably gorgeous, glossy colour, in the cool, ice cube-like bottle.
How about you? What shades are you loving right now?